Monday, July 14, 2008

2008 Printz Honor Award

Repossessed by A.M. Jenkins
2008 Printz Honor Award

Shaun, a seventeen year old boy who is not much into his appearance or his grades, encounters a strange and unusual adventure. A fallen angel named Kiriel, has decided to experience life as a human being by entering Shaun’s body. Kiriel faces typical teenage experiences and dilemmas. After many funny and heartwarming results, the fallen angel is able to help Shaun surround himself with an improved life style.
Although, this book is a little dark for my taste, I did enjoy the comedy throughout the novel. The genre is fantasy combined with realistic fiction which I feel will attract many young adults. I do believe teens will enjoy this particular novel because of its darkness, real life situations, and typical teen experiences.

1 comment:

Selina said...

Amy, I read this Printz honor book as well as I have to say it was not my taste as well. It was a bit dark but the humor in it was interesting.